Monday, November 7, 2011

Skull Musings and research

I've been working on creating anatomically correct skulls for my sculptures.  I find sculpting the skull, allows for better faces to be created.   Yesterday's free time was spent researching the different racial skull indicators.   I've posted a great reference picture I found through Google images.   I've already finished the Caucasoid male and female skull.  I’ve sculpted fixed jaw and a jaw that can be posed for open mouths.  Today, I'll work on the Mongoloid skulls, and then tomorrow plan to tackle the Negroid skull. 



The above pictures were found using Google images, I cannot remember the sources, but if you Google, Skull Indicators by race, it should pop up right away.  I vaguely remember it came off a site that was discussing anthropological identifications.   
I'm looking forward to having all of these skulls molded so I can recreate them to sculpt faces over without the tedious task of recreating a skull each time I begin a sculpture.  Happy sculpting.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. I thought this was from like the 20s but no this was 2011. Imagine using the terms mongoloid, caucasoid and negroid. Wow wow wow. I wonder what this racist garbage is doing today.

    ReplyDelete